Running to the embassy: The Fray meet en greet + concert (English version)

zondag 5 oktober 2014

The Fray meet en greet + concert (English version)


A while back I noticed the venue in the Hague had posted about a contest. You could meet the Fray if you sent in a creative message for the guys. 

My heart was beating so fast, I really wanted to win! The Fray has been my favorite band for years. I immediately began brainstorming, I decided to photograph my cd's and concert tickets and use the picture to create something nice. The end result:


They were supposed to announce the winners on September 26th. That day I had to work a day shift at the hospital. I was too afraid to open my e-mail during workhours! At half past three the shift was over and I got into my car. There I finally found the courage to open my e-mail. What I saw, filled my heart with happiness! I almost cried! Later I had to park my side on the side of the road, because it hit me what I had won!


That weekend I had a sleepover at my grandma's house. I was lying in bed, wide awake, thinking about what I should wear and say!

Before I knew it it was October 2nd. I am glad I got to leave work early, because I live so far away.

The trip to the Hague took 2,5 hours because of the horrible traffic jams.... I checked in to the hostel, took a shower and got ready.

There were a lot of people standing in line at the venue, they were already allowed to go inside. I hurried to the backstage door and spotted another The Fray fan I knew from twitter. We were allowed to go inside, a lot of people were nervous. They brought us to a small room and got to sit down, while we waited for the band.


The band went to stand in a corner and the first people were allowed to go up to them. I believe I was third in line. I walked up to them and suddenly all my nerves were gone. I asked them, could I have a group hug?? and they gave me one! *melts*


I gave Dave the gift I got them, Dutch napkins.


Isaac suddenly asked me, is that you? (pointing to the fanbook, I was on the cover) and grabbed it. That was my opportunity to tell them I also had tickets for Antwerp and Amsterdam, and that I was bringing my parents with me to Antwerp. They liked the fanbook, he asked for my name and I told him 'Brigitte'. That's when Ben said, Bardot? :)

Joe remarked that he liked my ring. I congratulated him on his engagement. He's getting married to Candice Accola in two weeks. After that I asked Isaac, 'and you just had a kid right'? (turns out that was already 6 months ago, time flies). He looked into my eyes and I melted again ;)

Then I asked them to sign my 'The Fray' cd. I told them I had a little story to tell. When I was done, Ben and I believe Joe high fived me. And Isaac told me 'glad you woke up'. ❤ 

After that, they signed my cd.


After the meet and greet was over, I went to the bathroom to record everything on my phone (or else I forget the details). That is why I wasn't as close to the stage as I would have liked. But that's ok because the concert was still amazing, they are awesome live.

I can't wait for the venue to release the meet and greet photos :-)


Setlist

Closer to me
Heartbeat
You found me
All at once
Hurricane
Rainy Zurch
Look after you
Keep on wanting
Wherever this goes
Vienna
Hold my hand
Turn me on
Give it away
Our last days
How to save a life
Over my head (Cable car)
Love don't die
Break your plans
Never say never
Same as you

Geen opmerkingen: